CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 20, 2012

August 4th and 5th: Baseball Weekend

      

The weekend of August 4th and 5th, Dustin and I headed to my brothers baseball tournament.
Cody was selected as one of the 13 year old all star players to play in this tournament. My dad and step mother were there as well as my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. 


On our way to the games we saw a bunch of motorcycles headed
to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
We were wanting to head there too.

The teams first game was on Friday night, but Dustin and I were unable to make it to that game as it wasn't able to work with our work schedules. So we got up early on Saturday and headed out to watch Cody play. Cody played on Saturday at 10:30 and 3:30 and won both of those games! It was great to be able to see him play. Cody played catcher most of the game! 





The first game the Rapid City Blue won 10-6 (if I remember correctly). And the second game at 3:30 they won 7-4. So with both wins they were headed to play on Sunday morning to see who the champion would be! That game was at 9:00am, so Dustin and I drove about an hour to my grandparents house and stayed there on Saturday night.






Annie enjoying baseball.
 I always love staying at my grandparents farm. It is always so nice to stay with them since we don't get to see them to often. My aunt and uncle and their 2 girls, Abby and Annie, stayed there as well. My dad also came back to the farm to stay and cooked some steak.
Sweet Abby. 

So on Sunday morning we headed out at 8am and made it to the first game. This game would either put them at playing at 1:00 or 5:00 for the championship. The Rapid City Blue ended up playing at 1:00 for the 3rd/4th place games. Cody's team got 4th place, but also received a sportsmanship award! I thought that was really cool!



Cody catching

It was a great weekend and I am so glad that we got to see Cody play baseball but also that we were able to see some of our family too.  Dustin and I always have a blast hanging out with our family, so we didn't expect anything less this weekend!

Cody 
Cody batting

xoxo
Cassi


0 comments:

Post a Comment